Thursday, January 5, 2012

3.01.2012



It was roughly 7.45 in the evening when we met. We drove to a coffee shop nearby…and to refresh the memory we went to that coffee shop where we had first met a year ago. To avoid making the whole thing too cinematic, we did not take the same seat. It was this coffee shop only where I had sized him with ample doubt after a friend introduced him to me, and was trying to judge it right then and there whether I liked the way he was talking to me while the “coffee boys” rushed around to serve. Today however, there wasn’t much rush so I noticed relaxed faces among the staff and occasional stare at our table, the reason behind the latter behavior being unknown to me. Looking around, I saw so many things had changed. There were new staff; the shop decor seemed a bit different, sensible music was being played.
Just like the coffee shop, some things had changed in this one year, in our lives as well. In this one year, we have fought over ridiculous and irrelevant matters. I have screamed at him just out of sheer stubbornness, I have refused to listen, I have denied understanding. I have also lost my temper just without any reason. In this one year, on certain occasions he has been rude, he has been irritated and there have also been frequent misunderstandings. At some point of time it I lost patience and wondered, am I going the right way? I pondered over and over again… and then one day when I was about to leave from his place, he stopped, took my hand and said “Stop going home…” I got my answer right then. I am going the right way. Who says the road will be absolutely easy? Who said there won’t be dead ends? There have been many difficulties and there will be more. I have lost my way a few times and I will maybe lose again a few more times, but… I know I’ll always have someone next to me. Someone who will take my hand when I’m lost, show me my way. Someone who will not leave me alone when I’m stuck nowhere. Things will never be perfect but we can shape things up just the way we like. There will always be fights, we will always have some reason to be angry at each other but at the end of the day we will also have enough reasons to be together. This one year together has been very special to me; this has been one year with the exact amounts of happiness and tears. I do not know what is perfect for us. All I know is, we will be there for each other. This new year, cheers to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment