Monday, January 31, 2011

Remember me...

Would you remember me as the day gets over?
Slowly, as night ponders whether to take a stroll....
As the tired, defeated cart puller trudges along.

Would you remember me when the kaalbaishaakhi barges in ?
Dust everywhere...adamantly refusing to calm down.
Swaying mango tree, the leaves in their jubilant mood.
A newly wedded girl, sindoor still fresh, drenched sari clasping her
desperately searching for shelter...

Would you remember me in summer afternoons ?
When the cuckoo refuses to stop complaining.
Faint sound of the sitar floats in...
Just used utensils talk in harmony and the young maid
looks out of the window, impatient.
waiting eagerly, for the rendezvous.

I do not need monuments.
Let me live in a little speck in some corner of your life,
overlooked, unseen.
Just remember me as an insignificant beat
an out of tune rhythm,
a flawed taal
among countless such unnoticed things.





2 comments:

  1. you will be remembered when the dawn comes calling...
    when the tired dog seeks shelter from the sweltering heat...
    you will be remembered in gypsy beats and passionate songs...

    i will remember you in the little moments...
    in everyday laughter and my morning coffee and in my daily good night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abani Bari Acho ?

    ReplyDelete