Sunday, December 19, 2010

Letting you know that...

I never got bored, looking at you. You would often ask "What do you seek in me? Why do you always look at me like that?" I never knew what to say. Saying "Its because I love you" would sound so...ordinary. And for me, you were always beyond ordinary...and so you are, still now. Back then, I was never able to figure out what was that thing, exactly, that made you so different from the rest. So many years have passed, and now I know. I know now, that it was a connection, undefined, that tied us together. Some mysterious bond that I didn`t have with anyone else. Its usually termed as love...but I think it was something much more deeper than that. I definitely don`t mean to say, that I didn`t love you. I did. Infact I still do. Yes, I know it sounds cliche and melodramatic, but yes, I do. Not that I spend my days drowned in tragedy, and lament that you are no longer with me, and I am not even sure how I`ll react if you ever decide to come back. But, that feeling is still there. Anyway, coming back to relevance. That bond, was completeness. We would complete each other. And it was this profound feeling of being complete, that made me keep looking at you.
I miss you.
I still remember the day we sat together in the coffee shop while it rained outside, incessantly. Everyone was getting so impatient!
We wished the rain would never stop.
Its raining today. I am by my window with that blue album. We kept our pictures here, remember?
You had come up and said "I can`t keep this anymore". 
Watching you walk away, was difficult. There was this feeling of something being detached from me...
Years have passed, you must be somewhere out there, smiling, content.
I have moved on too, but I still feel like hanging on to the album...still gathering the scattered memories.

3 comments:

  1. Somethings are best when left unfinished.... this makes it all the more beautiful
    This is really nicely written... representing all those subtle feelings and precious moments we enjoy when we look back ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Well put into words.! Bravo! :)

    Yeah somethings are best left unfinished..

    ReplyDelete
  3. there have been many a piece that i have read in the past but none had made me believe in it so much that it really was an incident in her life. this is an amazing achievement as a writer. hats off, wonderfully penned. i stand corrected, humbled and in awe.

    ReplyDelete