Thursday, December 9, 2010

Me

My eyes, few lashes that escaped,
when morning greeted...
Do you still remember them?
My uneven disheveled hair...
Do you still find it beautiful?
By blank gaze for sometime,
wondering...
Would you still observe me?....
 ......
I don`t try to look pretty anymore.
I don`t think about what you would have said,
to the tinkle of my bangles...
I don`t remember you when the wild wind,
plays with my hair.
I don`t see you when the evening light,
illuminates the familiar memories.
Do you know why?...
I have found someone worth it.
A friend. A companion.
I have found me.

3 comments:

  1. we are perhaps our best friends. am glad you find yourself, as for your disheveled hair after you wake up, i believe thats when you would look most beautiful, for thats when you are least conscious about it. good to see you here, looking forward to more...keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) When there's no one around, there's always someone around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that is the most precious thing, to find one's own self ... :)

    ReplyDelete